Each 2 ml dose of vaccine contains at least:
• Cl.perfringens types B and C - ß toxoid, 10 IU of antitoxin • Cl.perfringens types B and D - ε toxoid, 5 IU of antitoxin
• Cl.septicum toxoid, 2.5 IU of antitoxin
• Cl.novyi type B toxoid, 3.5 IU of antitoxin
• Cl.tetani toxoid, 2.5 IU of antitoxin
• Cl.chauvoei bacterin, 90 % of protection
• Emulsified oily excipient, s.q.f. 2 ml
In cattle, sheep and goats: Active immunization against:
• Enterotoxaemias: - Cl.perfringens type B(Lamb dysentery),- Cl. perfringens type C(Struck) - Cl.perfringens type D (Pulpy kidney disease)
• Gas gangrene: Cl.septicum (Braxy), Cl.novyi (Black Disease)
• Tetanus: Cl.tetani.
• Blackleg: Cl. Chauvoei.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION ROUTE:
Subcutaneous route. In front of or behind the shoulder in cattle. Behind the elbow or at the inner thighs in sheep and goats. Shake well before use.
Sheep: 2 ml. Cattle: - Less than 4 months : 2 ml - More than 4 months : 4 ml.
Primary vaccination: 2 injections 4 weeks interval. Booster: 1 annual injection.
• Pregnant females (Except in goats): in order to obtain optimum transfer of colostral antibodies to newborns, the second injection of the primary vaccination or the booster injection should be performed 2 to 6 weeks before the expected date of parturition.
• Young animals: - Born of unvaccinated mothers: vaccination as of the 2nd week of age. - Born of vaccinated mothers: vaccination as of the 8th week of age.
PRECAUTIONS FOR USE: -
Vaccinate only healthy animals. - Apply usual aseptic procedures. - Disinfect the inoculation site and avoid inadvertent trauma. - Use only clean, antiseptic and/or disinfectant-free equipment for vaccination. - Avoid injecting the vaccine at too low temperature. - Because of the particular sensitivity of the pregnant goats to injections, it is not recommended to vaccinate them.
SIDE EFFECTS: -
A local reaction may be observed at the injection site. This reaction is transient and has no consequence. - Vaccination may occasionally reveal hypersensitivity reactions, a symptomatic treatment should be given.
Store between 2°C and 8°C, protected from light. Do not freeze. After opening: use immediately.
Bottles of 50 ml, 100 ml, 250 ml and 500 ml